see great artists' books with Kitty Maryatt

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2005
      Saturday, February 26, 2005
      1:00 to 4:00 p.m.

      Scripps College
      1030 Columbia Avenue
      Claremont, CA 91711
      (909) 607-3866

      Clark Humanities Museum
      2nd floor, Humanities Building in center of campus

      Take-down of exhibition: In Flight
      'Tis is a rare opportunity to see a book exhibition liberated from its
      glass cases: at 1:00 sharp we will unlock the exhibition's 15 display
      cases and Kitty Maryatt, Director of the Scripps College Press, will
      talk about the books as she removes them from the cases; we will look
      at all the books together, and then you will have time to look again
      individually at any book you wish to peruse further. At 3:00 we will go
      to the Scripps College Press room to see the letterpress and binding
      equipment and to talk about making collaborative books and view Scripps
      College Press editions.

      FREE, but reservations requested. Please call (909) 607-3866 or send a
      note to KMaryatt@...