does anyone use this?

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2004
      I got this off a paermaking yahoo group and went to the website. Seems straightforward enough. Has anyone done this or know anything about it?

      Jill Littlewood

      Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 21:17:03 -0500
      From: "Gin" <kygin@...>
      Subject: DUNS and the artisan

      I'm curious about how many of the individual artisans on this list
      have DUNS numbers (Data Universal Numbering System). At the urging of the
      Kentucky Craft Marketing Program, I obtained one about 25 years ago. Now
      the National Endowment for the Arts and the Americans for the Arts are
      urging all individual artisans in the United States, as well as art related
      businesses, to apply for a number. The following site offers information
      about why individual artisans should apply, and tells how to obtain a number
      from Dun and Bradstreet:

      http://www.artsusa.org/services/research/ri_article.asp?id=1526

      Gin
      Website - http://ginpetty.com