Re: [bookartsconnection] Check out the Christmas trees at Anthropologie

  • mjbohlen
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 16, 2004
      Where is S.B.?
      thanks,
      MJB
      On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 08:29:03 -0800
      Pam Maines <pam@...> wrote:
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 16, 2004
        Sorry - It's Santa Barbara, California. I think of this as a local
        list and forget that it's accessible to all. . .
        Pam

      • francesj14@cox.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 16, 2004
          Patricia:
          You are indeed fortunate for an experence you will
          treasure for years to come. I am sure you will find the
          experences there come into your books as many fond
          memeories. I am also sure you did not intend to stay
          there long term, and a year is a long time to soak up a
          culture a very different from ours. I think I would miss
          my family too much to go off for a year, perhap a few
          months would be all I could take.

          But a year does get you loads of stuff for your books.
          You must have incredible journals from your stay. Do
          keep us in touch with the Tuson group after you settle
          in. It is always nice to hear of new books and events
          from other groups that may put a spark in our butts...
          uh... brains.
          frances

          ..
          <patbooks@...>
          > Date: 2004/12/16 Thu AM 04:04:43 EST
          > To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [bookartsconnection] Hello from China...

        • mjbohlen
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 17, 2004
            Thanks.
            Sometime I would like to visit Santa Barbara. That is where I was
            BORN!! In 1944. My Dad was stationed out there but when he was sent
            overseas, he had my Mom move back to Boston. Now I am in Virginia, but
            my 3 children are in San Fran.
            I love making all kinds of books. It is so relaxing and gratifying.

            Mary Jane

            On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:20:27 -0800
          • francesj14@cox.net
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 21, 2004
              Pam:
              I finally took a break and went over to the store
              Anthropologie and what a pleasant surprise. not only
              did they have the tree of books, shingled top, and dress
              and top made from a book, they had a slew of large
              letter forms both in fabric covered and as metal hooks.
              nice small gift books. Here I thought they were a dress
              shop. Looks like they decided to cater to the large local
              book lovers crowd this year. thanks for the tip. I do
              have to say the borders was a disappointmnet - seems
              they are down sizing with fewer book selections, wider
              walkways and fewer exhibits, shorter lines at the
              register.... hmmm...
              frances