Patrick White, Nobel Prize Winner

  • Oak Knoll
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2004
      DO NOT USE YOUR EMAIL REPLY FUNCTION TO RESPOND TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.

      PLEASE RESPOND TO <mailto:orders@...> orders@...

      Important new bibliography on Nobel Prize winner Patrick White now
      available!

      To read more about this title, click the following link and see the
      description below:

      < <http://www.oakknoll.com/detail.php?d_booknr=77355>
      http://www.oakknoll.com/detail.php?d_booknr=77355>

      -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ---- -- -- --
      -- -- -- -- -- -- --

      Patrick White (1912-1990), Australian novelist, short story writer, and
      playwright, was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1973. White
      combined in his works myth, symbols, and allegory. His international
      breakthrough novel was VOSS (1957), a symbolic story of a doomed journey
      into the Australian desert. RIDERS IN THE CHARIOT (1961) was set in the
      imaginary Sydney suburban town, Sarsaparilla, White's Yoknapatawpha. These
      works established him as one of the most important modern writers. This new
      bibliography provides a comprehensive description of all editions and
      translations of White's works. It also lists reviews of first and other
      significant editions, and includes accounts of the composition and reception
      of each work.

      2004, hardcover, 6 x 9 inches, 348 pages

      ISBN 1584561432 Order No. 077355 Price: $95.00

      Sales Rights: Worldwide except Australia and New Zealand; in these countries
      from Quiddlers Press

      Throughout the years we have also published a number of other 20th century
      author bibliographies, all great for building reference libraries. Included
      in that is our other new title on John Masefield. Click the following link
      to see these books:

      <http://www.oakknoll.com/results.php?s_Catnr=875
      <http://www.oakknoll.com/results.php?s_Catnr=875&s_ShowPics=1>
      &s_ShowPics=1>

      Best Wishes,

      Your Oak Knollers

      For a list of all our new publications, click the following link:

      < <http://www.oakknoll.com/publications.php>
      http://www.oakknoll.com/publications.php>

      Oak Knoll Books
      310 Delaware Street New Castle DE 19720
      P: 302.328.7232 - F: 302.328.7274 - E: oakknoll@... web
      <http://www.oakknoll.com/> http://www.oakknoll.com/
      Member Antiquarian Bookseller's Association of America (ABAA)
      <http://www.abaa.org/> http://www.abaa.org/
      International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB)
      <http://www.ilab-lila.com/> http://www.ilab-lila.com/
      Buy with confidence of consumer protection when you buy from an ILAB
      bookseller