altered books - submit work for publication

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2004
      I am an assistant editor at LarkBooks, a publishing company in North Carolina, writing because we arecurrently producing Altered Books(working title) by Gabe Cyr. We would like to personally invite all of your altered bookartists to participate in this free publication opportunity.

      We are particularly interested in books that feature the following: foldsand pockets, pop-ups, windows, niches, structural alterations, uniquebackgrounds, and books that utilize other media and art forms (such asleather, metal, fiber techniques, printmaking, etc). These techniques andfeatures will be covered in-depth in this informative guide. The second
      half of the book is composed of an extensive gallery that shows spreadsfrom books divided into categories such as minimalist art, narrativesshelf art, and personal journeys. Spreads from your book, if chosen, mayultimately be used in either section of the book (techniques or gallery).

      We are accepting high-quality imagery for jurying by the author (up to 5books, showing up to 5 spreads per book). Once Gabe has made herselections, Lark Books will ask that accepted artists mail us the original
      book for final selections and photographing in our studio. Accepted artists
      will receive full acknowledgement within the book, along with a
      complimentary copy upon its publication in the spring of 2006 and a 40%discount on additional copies. There is no entry fee. All images must be accompanied by appropriate paperwork-interested artists should contact medirectly for more information.

      I sincerely hope that you'll be able to help us get the word out about thisproject. We hope that it will be an informative and helpful guide to anyonewho is seriously interested in altered book art; the success of this bookdepends upon the contributions of book artists. Please let me know if youhave any questions, or if you cannot fulfill this request. Thanks for your
      time.

      Best,
      Rebecca Guthrie
      Assistant Editor