new book arts magazine starting

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2004
      We would like to announce the publication of the first issue of the
      Bonefolder, a new peer-reviewed "open-access" e-journal for bookbinding and
      the book arts. The Bonefolder is an outgrowth of the Book Arts Web at
      <http://www.philobiblon.com>, enabling it to reach a global audience and
      contribute to the body of knowledge in the book arts.

      The namesake of the Bonefolder is the Falzbein, a bookbinding journal which
      existed under various other names from 1927 to 1966 in Germany, providing
      generations of bookbinders with an important source of learning. We also
      pay homage to the excellent journals published by Designer Bookbinders, the
      Society of Bookbinders, and the Guild of Book Workers, who with their
      proven history of excellence in publishing and the promotion of the book
      arts have set the bar high.

      We will take advantage of the benefits of online publishing to bring you an
      e-journal which will complement the offerings of other publications. There
      is a tremendous amount of knowledge waiting to be shared, and we would like
      to do our part to foster the continued development and growth of the book
      arts. Articles will be authored by established and emerging authorities on
      a variety of book arts topics. These include hand bookbinding, teaching,
      business practice, the history of the book, general tips & tricks,
      exhibitions, how-to technical articles, and reviews. The articles selected
      for this first issue will represent a snapshot of the range of articles we
      hope to present into the future.

      The first issue, full subscription (notification of new issues), article
      submission, and advertising information can be found at:

      <http://www.philobiblon.com/bonefolder>

      Publisher & Editor/Reviewer:
      Peter D. Verheyen: Bookbinder & Conservator / Special Collections
      Preservation & Digital Access Librarian, Syracuse University Library,
      Syracuse, NY.
      Editors/Reviewers:
      Pamela Barrios: Conservator, Brigham Young University, Orem, UT.
      Donia Conn: Rare Book Conservator, Syracuse University Library, Syracuse, NY.
      Don Rash: Fine and edition binder, Plains, PA.

      _____________________________________

      Peter D. Verheyen
      Bookbinder & Conservator, PA - AIC
      <verheyen@...>