Women's Studio Workshop

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 12, 2004
      In celebration of the 30th anniversary of the founding of the Women's
      Studio Workshop, the Arts Library is showing a selection of the over 140
      publications produced at the Workshop. The Arts Library has a near
      complete collection of bookworks supported by Women's Studio Workshop.

      A survey of each decade and works created by the four founders are on
      display in the Arts of the Book Collection (AOB). Works with innovative
      and unusual formats are highlighted at the Art+Architecture
      Library. Bookworks not in the display cases are available to experience
      first hand in AOB. You can get an overview of the publishing program at the
      Women's Studio Workshop on their web site:
      http://www.wsworkshop.org/artistsbooks.html

      This exhibit will be on display through January 2005.
      For directions and hours consult the Art Library web site.

      http://www.library.yale.edu/art/

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2005
        I got this from one of my papermaking list-servs. Jill

        I just saw a great show called "from Seed to Sheet" that is the result
        of an ongoing project run by the Womens Studio Workshop in Rosendale
        NY. The project is called the ArtFarm project and they are growing
        non-traditional fibers to experiment with papermaking. I emailed them
        to see if the show was going to be anywhere else in the country but
        unfortunately the show here in NJ was the last!! They have a website :
        http://wsworkshop.org/ about/prog artfarm.htm
        I was hoping that there would be detailed info at the website
        (thinking that it might be helpful to Pru!!) but it's just an
        overview, but still worth viewing.
        Judy
        Lawrenceville NJ

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2005
          If you happen to be headed to San Francisco next weekend or during
          the holidays, the SF Center for the Book (300 De Haro St. at 16th
          St.) has its Holiday Fair on Sat., Dec. 10. In addition, Pacific
          Center for the Book Arts will open its 2nd annual Calendar Show on
          Dec. 9 from 6-9 pm, with a sale and reception, and the calendars will
          remain on exhibit through January 27. See www.sfcb.org and
          www.pcba.info for more info.

          The PCBA member show, always a good one, opens at the SF Public
          Library with a reception on January 19, and the annual Book Arts and
          Printers' Fair is scheduled for April 8 at Fort Mason. Lots of fun
          books and materials are available at really reasonable prices.

          Also, I recently went to the annual Faculty Art Exhibition at Scripps
          College for an artist's talk by Kitty Maryatt, whose three large book
          sculptures (made using beautiful Japanese paper) are fabulous. The
          exhibit is open Wed-Sun. 1-5 pm through Dec. 18 at the Ruth Chandler
          Williamson Gallery at 11th and Columbia in Claremont. More info is
          available at www.scrippscollege.edu.

          Best wishes for a happy, healthy holiday season to all of you!

          pam.maines@...