RE: [bookartsconnection] Adult Ed. Book Arts Classes

  • Barbara Bartolome
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 22, 2004
      Hi Sally,

      I just wanted to offer you my store as a location to hold your book
      arts classes. My comfortable classroom currently seats 11 people as
      I've got a computer station set up in my 12th seat. I've got close-by
      parking, great handicapped access and a bathroom. People can "run a
      tab" if they want to buy anything during the evening, plus I'll be happy
      to give your current and future students a 15% discount just by
      mentioning that I said they could receive it by virtue of being in your
      classes.

      If you hold the classes during the hours that we're already open, I
      don't expect any compensation for your use of the classroom. If you
      want us to extend our hours, I'd have to talk with you about how we
      could cover the expense of paying an employee to stay. We're currently
      open 10AM-7PM Mon-Sat, and 12PM-5PM on Sundays. We have Friday Fun
      Nites until midnight every Friday night, and I donate a Saturday night
      fundraiser workshop to any school, non-profit, children's or sports
      group that asks me, so both of those nights would usually not be
      available. I have a class schedule of our other classes on our counter
      at the store, or you can view it on my website at www.SBscrapbooks.com
      <http://www.SBscrapbooks.com> . So, if you choose days we're not
      scheduled for other things, I'd be happy to let you use the workshop. I
      just hope to promote paper arts and help people to have fun!

      Feel free to call me anytime and we'll see what we can work out.

      Warmly,

      Barbara

      Barbara Bartolomé
      Santa Barbara Scrapbooks