Re: [bookartsconnection] SB Book Fest a Blast!

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 22, 2004
      Yes. Jill again has done an incredible amount and quality of work. I am
      sorry I missed it, but I sign up for next year again, hoping there will be
      no conflict then.

      Ines
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 22, 2004
        Hi Sally,

        I just wanted to offer you my store as a location to hold your book
        arts classes. My comfortable classroom currently seats 11 people as
        I've got a computer station set up in my 12th seat. I've got close-by
        parking, great handicapped access and a bathroom. People can "run a
        tab" if they want to buy anything during the evening, plus I'll be happy
        to give your current and future students a 15% discount just by
        mentioning that I said they could receive it by virtue of being in your
        classes.

        If you hold the classes during the hours that we're already open, I
        don't expect any compensation for your use of the classroom. If you
        want us to extend our hours, I'd have to talk with you about how we
        could cover the expense of paying an employee to stay. We're currently
        open 10AM-7PM Mon-Sat, and 12PM-5PM on Sundays. We have Friday Fun
        Nites until midnight every Friday night, and I donate a Saturday night
        fundraiser workshop to any school, non-profit, children's or sports
        group that asks me, so both of those nights would usually not be
        available. I have a class schedule of our other classes on our counter
        at the store, or you can view it on my website at www.SBscrapbooks.com
        <http://www.SBscrapbooks.com> . So, if you choose days we're not
        scheduled for other things, I'd be happy to let you use the workshop. I
        just hope to promote paper arts and help people to have fun!

        Feel free to call me anytime and we'll see what we can work out.

        Warmly,

        Barbara

        Barbara Bartolomé
        Santa Barbara Scrapbooks