Re: [bookartsconnection] Proposal for May 18th meeting

  • lolomama@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , May 13, 2002
      Good ideas!!

    • Lisa Moore
      Message 2 of 11 , May 14, 2002
        Great! How about bringing collage elements and your
        favorite color media for the round-robin. I thought
        I'd bring blank flash cards for a possible base, but
        please if you have something page-like in multiple to
        share, the more the merrier. And of course bring
        anything you'd like to show & tell about, references,
        your art, event material, no one will be left out!

        I hope to see big piles of work to hang for the
        exhibit!
        Love,
        Lisa (Aka. artboox)

        LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
        http://launch.yahoo.com
      • askengel@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , May 15, 2002
          Hi all,
          I'm receiving the postings saying what a great idea we have
          for the meeting this Saturday. But I somehow missed the
          original posting saying exactly what it will be. What are we
          going to do?
          Thanks,
          Sharon Engel
          Ojai
        • Tom & Judy Nilsen
          Message 4 of 11 , May 15, 2002
            Same with me. Judy

            Message 5 of 11 , May 15, 2002
              I, too, have been searching for the message I thought I'd missed! I
              hope whoever posted the idea for Sat. will resend it. I look forward
              to seeing everyone.

            • askengel@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , May 15, 2002
                Also wondering if we're meeting back at Jil's?
                Time?

                Sharon
              • Lisa Moore
                Message 7 of 11 , May 16, 2002
                  Hi, Everyone, the original message was posted May 1st,
                  and is #102 in the message archives, for those
                  looking.

                  See Ya Sat.
                  Lisa

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 16, 2002
                    Thanks, Lisa. I'd read that message but wasn't sure which option had
                    been decided upon. I gather we are doing a collaborative project
                    (projects?) for the book arts exhibit, as well as bringing anything
                    we want to share (resources, info about exhibits, classes, etc.). In
                    response to Sharon's question, I believe we are meeting at 1 pm at
                    Jill's studio, which is also an opportunity for people to bring books
                    for the exhibit there on Memorial Day weekend.

                  • k.mar
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 16, 2002
                      Ok- I don't have this, how do you find it this #102?? All I need to know is
                      is it at 1?
                      Kathleen
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 16, 2002
                        Here's what Lisa posted on May 1, which was still in my inbox:

                        1. Bringing instruction/reference publications from
                        our personal libraries in the afore mentioned areas of
                        interest, even flyers, catalogs, or bibliography lists
                        are great resources.

                        2. We bring small, portable projects we're working on
                        and have an open studio.

                        3. Use the day to create a collaborative project, like
                        developing a 3-hour 'round-robin' that we can
                        contribute to the So-Called Books Exhibit.

                        Please post any other suggestions and feedback.

                        Remember to bring submissions for "So-Called Books"
                        between now & Sunday, May 19th!

                        Thanks,
                        artboox@...