Proposal for May 18th meeting

  • Lisa Moore
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2002
      Proposal for May 18th meeting:

      I invite anyone who's interested in giving a
      demonstration in a technique or holding a discussion
      about paper/book/fiber related arts & crafts to
      volunteer for Jill's meeting.
      I would nominate Charles for his tips & techniques on
      binding/restoration, but we may have a large turnout.

      If no one steps forward in the next week, I'd like to
      suggest three things for group consideration.

      1. Bringing instruction/reference publications from
      our personal libraries in the afore mentioned areas of
      interest, even flyers, catalogs, or bibliography lists
      are great resources.

      2. We bring small, portable projects we're working on
      and have an open studio.

      3. Use the day to create a collaborative project, like
      developing a 3-hour 'round-robin' that we can
      contribute to the So-Called Books Exhibit.

      Please post any other suggestions and feedback.

      Remember to bring submissions for "So-Called Books"
      between now & Sunday, May 19th!

      Thanks,
      artboox@...

      Message 2 of 11 , May 13, 2002
        Good ideas!!

      • Lisa Moore
        Message 3 of 11 , May 14, 2002
          Great! How about bringing collage elements and your
          favorite color media for the round-robin. I thought
          I'd bring blank flash cards for a possible base, but
          please if you have something page-like in multiple to
          share, the more the merrier. And of course bring
          anything you'd like to show & tell about, references,
          your art, event material, no one will be left out!

          I hope to see big piles of work to hang for the
          exhibit!
          Love,
          Lisa (Aka. artboox)

          LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
          http://launch.yahoo.com
        • askengel@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , May 15, 2002
            Hi all,
            I'm receiving the postings saying what a great idea we have
            for the meeting this Saturday. But I somehow missed the
            original posting saying exactly what it will be. What are we
            going to do?
            Thanks,
            Sharon Engel
            Ojai
          • Tom & Judy Nilsen
            Message 5 of 11 , May 15, 2002
              Same with me. Judy

              Message 6 of 11 , May 15, 2002
                I, too, have been searching for the message I thought I'd missed! I
                hope whoever posted the idea for Sat. will resend it. I look forward
                to seeing everyone.

              • askengel@aol.com
                Message 7 of 11 , May 15, 2002
                  Also wondering if we're meeting back at Jil's?
                  Time?

                  Sharon
                • Lisa Moore
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 16, 2002
                    Hi, Everyone, the original message was posted May 1st,
                    and is #102 in the message archives, for those
                    looking.

                    See Ya Sat.
                    Lisa

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 16, 2002
                      Thanks, Lisa. I'd read that message but wasn't sure which option had
                      been decided upon. I gather we are doing a collaborative project
                      (projects?) for the book arts exhibit, as well as bringing anything
                      we want to share (resources, info about exhibits, classes, etc.). In
                      response to Sharon's question, I believe we are meeting at 1 pm at
                      Jill's studio, which is also an opportunity for people to bring books
                      for the exhibit there on Memorial Day weekend.

                    • k.mar
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 16, 2002
                        Ok- I don't have this, how do you find it this #102?? All I need to know is
                        is it at 1?
                        Kathleen