classes from Sukey Hughes

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2004
      Dear Shriners/Collagers:
      Just a note to tell you of a few upcoming classes I am giving, two in my studio this summer and one in October through Adult Ed.

      First: I talked to Kris Power today and we settled on two days, adjoining Saturdays in October, for the weekend Shrine-Making Workshop I promised you. Yes, it is really happening!

      For those who want to continue with ( or any who are new to) shrine-making, Adult Ed in Santa Barbara will sponsor my Shrine-Making class again, this time on October 16th and to continue again on October 23rd. Both days are included in the one class, and they will be from10 a.m. through 5 p.m. with an hour off for lunch. Dean Kris Power has given us the new art room, which has alot of northern light (not too hot!) and lots of space. Maximum of 25 people I think we decided on. It will be by pre-registration so that I know what budget I will have and can contact the students ahead of time with suggestions for what to bring. You may start afresh with matchbox shrines, as we began the earlier classes with , or may start a much larger shrine or work on works-in-progress. Will be fun to get the old group together as much as possible, because you are all so great, plus add some fresh blood. Contact SB Adult Ed for that, not be--I don't know when registration begins.

      Second: I am giving two separate classes this summer out of my home/studio in downtown Santa Barbara in Vision Mapping. You can also call it Treasure Boarding, or Treasure Shrining, depending on what format/media you wish to work in. You can make three-dimension pieces if you like, perhaps using cigar boxes.

      If you think it's time to get focused on what you really want in your life, there's no more fun and effective way to bring it together than mapping it out in art. And it really works!
      We will cut out images from magazines and other sources and create beautiful works to hang in a personal place and draw to us what we most desire. Are you longing for a trip to Maui; a tall dark and gorgeous lover; a slim body (yes!); a house on the Riviera (ours or the French one); the sale of that novel to the movies; a spiritual teacher--whatever! There will be surprises in your vision maps as well as the expected. You may even get two done, one from your conscious dreams, and one from your subconscious. I will also lead you through a guided meditation to break down blocks to your getting what you want. Dates:

      Saturday, July 24, 2004 10 am - 5 pm (45 min. lunch break) $80.

      also Saturday, August 7, 2004 10 am - 5 pm (45 min. lunch break) $80

      to be held at my studio/ home in downtown Santa Barbara.
      Pre-registration required. Classes will be quite small; no
      more than 6-7 students due to space limitations. Call me
      at (805) 957-1611 to register, or get more information. Or you can
      e-mail me at sukeyhughes@...

      Have a great summer, everyone!

      All the best, Sukey