999digital printing

    Jun 30, 2004
      I got this from a book art list serve group the same day I read Barry's and Linda's comments on digital photos:

      I am one of the authors of a new book which has just been released.
      Digital Art Studio: Techniques for combining inkjet printing with
      traditional art materials
      by Karin Schminke
      Dorothy Simpson Krause
      Bonny Pierce Lhotka

      In Chapter 9, =B3Creating Three Dimensional Work=B2, there are several books
      shown and a demonstration of making the accordion-fold book =B3Vengeance is
      Mine=B2, which can be seen at
      http://www.DOTKRAUSE.com/art/books/3books/Body%20%2B%20Soul.htm

      The book is a manual of innovative techniques developed to integrate inkjet
      printing with traditional artists tools and processes. Ten years of
      experimentation previously available only within limited workshops is
      presented for artists interested in exploring this new genre of digital/
      mixed media. Topics include:
      creating unique surfaces on which to print
      underprinting and overprinting
      wet transfers
      dry emulsion transfers
      gelatin (fresco) transfers
      layered printing
      dimensional images
      fabric printing
      160 pages, includes 300 full-color illustrations with step-by-step
      instructions.

      One of the demonstrations from page 38 - 39, Base Method; Preparing Nonwove=
      Fabric, has been posted on the Digital Atelier website to give a sense of
      the way the content is presented. It can be found at
      http://www.digitalatelier.com/DigitalArtStudio/BaseMethod.html

      Digital Art Studio is published by Watson-Guptill, It can be ordered from
      Amazon for $20.37 via http://www.DigitalAtelier.com or from Watson-Guptill
      for $29.95 at http://www.watsonguptill.com/detail.html?id=3D0-8230-1342-1

      Thanks for letting me share,
      Dot