      From: Pam Maines [mailto:pam@...]
      Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 9:25 PM
      To: bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [bookartsconnection] Book Arts happenings

      Hi Everybody,

      Just want to remind you that Sally Timlin is teaching another 8-week
      session of her great Book Art Creations class at Adult Ed this
      quarter, Fridays from 9 am-noon in room 20 at Schott Center. The
      first class was last Friday and we need a couple more people to
      guarantee that the class will continue. We can promise you that it
      will be fun and productive! Come and check it out this week!

      Also, those of you who are traveling in the next few months might
      want to check out some of the following:

      The Best of the Best: Traveling Exhibition of the Guild of Book
      Workers, on display at the San Diego State University Library
      through April 23 and at the San Francisco Public Library from May 7 -
      June 27.

      The Pacific Center for Book Arts "Book Arts and Printers Fair" will
      be held Saturday, April 27, from 9-4 at Fort Mason in San Francisco.

      A Typographic Discourse: Women and the Book Arts in California,
      1930-2000, will display works from the Donohue Rare Book Room at USF,
      Gleeson Library/Geschke Center (M-F only), May 2-June 21.

      The San Francisco Center for the Book has moved into larger quarters
      at the big blue building at 300 De Haro St. and has an exhibit
      "Celebrating Artists as Teachers" through May 31. From June 7-20,
      The Artist's Book: Unlimited Engagement is an exhibit culminating a
      yearlong class studying the evolution of artist's books. There are
      usually weekend classes going on and I've found instructors and
      students are happy to have visitors take a look at what they are
      creating, especially if you drop in during their lunch break.

      Hope to see lots of you next Saturday afternoon at the book arts
      connection workshop at 1 pm at Virginia Gardner's home!

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.1994012.3473453.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17063898
      62:HM/A=1036972/R=0/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=3466> Click Here!

      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=194081.1994012.3473453.1261774/D=egroupmai
      l/S=1706389862:HM/A=1036972/rand=959522488>

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .