- Feb 3, 2003Sorry about this, friends. Someone I know passed this on to me and I did find the virus. The directions were easy to follow.
A virus has been passed on to me by a contact. My address book has in
turn been affected. Since you are in my address book
there is a good chance you will find it in your computer too.
I followed the direction below and eradicated the virus easily.
The virus ( called jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by Norton or McAfee
anti-virus systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days
before damaging the system. It is sent automatically by messenger and
the address book whether or not you sent e-mails to
your contacts. Here is how you check for the virus and get rid of it.
1. Go to start, find or search option.
2. In the file/folders option, type the name : jdbgmgr.exe
3. Be sure to search your C: drive and all the subfolders and any
drives you may have.
4. Click "find now"
5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe. DO NOT
6. Go to edit(on the menu bar), choose "select all" to highlight the
file without opening it.
7. Now go to the file (on the menu bar) and select delete. It will
go to the Recycle bin.
IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS, YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS
BOOK SO THEY
CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS.
To do this
a) Open a new e-mail message
b) Click on the icon of the address book next to the "TO"
c)Highlight every name and add to "BCC"
d) Copy this message....enter subject....paste to e-mail.
Apologies to those of you who have had this message several times from
different people! Some of you will also get multiple copies from me,
since you are on more than one list. Please excuse
the confusion and inconvenience.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- Next post in topic >>