272Re: [bookartsconnection] Re: First Birthday Celebration for us!

  • Donna Barna
    Aug 23, 2002
      Pat - Weekends are great!!
      Donna B.
      patbooks2000
      wrote:JeezLouise has it been a whole YEAR!!!??!! Well, time flies when
      you're having remodeling by idiots done. Ahhhhh, that's all over now.
      Thank you all for helping me celebrate the new studio/bindery.

      I'm planning on scheduling particular dates for some workshops - like:
      "Eccentric Contemporary Book Structures"
      "Who's Afraid of Leather?"
      "Making Multiples - Paper casting"
      "Boxes & Slipcases"
      "Japanese Rechoso Binding"
      "Papermaking 101"
      and many more...

      These will be small groups (well, you know the size of my studio) of
      probably 6 to 8 people max, but can be repeated if there's a larger
      sign-up. Here's the question: If I did these on a Saturday, would you
      come? Sunday better? Weekday? Let me know what you think. I want to
      make them accessable to the most people.

      Patrice

      > " Although I wasn't thinking of it at the time, it was a fitting
      >birthday party to spend four hours last Saturday at Pat Baldwin's new
      >studio in Santa Maria. For her it was a milestone as well; a year
      ago >she introduced herself to the Santa Barbara community and said
      she >wanted to create art events here. She hoped Pequeno Press would
      be up >and running quickly, along with her classes and workshops. A
      year must >seem an eternity of construction, but now it is open. And
      it's >fabulous! We were treated to a dozen or so stations where we
      could try >things - papermaking, marbling, paste papers, fimo, new
      pattern making >gizmos, and more. We also met Lucy, Pat's intern, who
      helped us >assemble a witty pop-up book she and Pat had designed for
      this event. >Pat explained several weekend workshops she is ready to
      present, as >well as a collaborative book project she is proposing for
      our group. >She will post details soon. Pat and Lucy, thank you so
      much for such a >wonderful opening."