1950Re: [bookartsconnection] BOOK ARTS CLASSES IN LA

  • Marcia M
    Jun 3, 2014
      Thanks Jill, if you find yourself in LA soon stop by and see the space it really pretty we have some presses and a bindery Best, Marcia

      Sent from my iPad

      On Jun 3, 2014, at 11:08 AM, "Jill Littlewood jill@... [bookartsconnection]" <bookartsconnection@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      This message comes from Marcia Moore. Rebecca Chamlee, who is teaching bookmaking at this new book arts venue, is a marvelous letterpress printer and book maker.

      An exciting New Venue for Book Arts opens in Los Angeles
      BOOKARTSLA will be hosting it's first class as the new venue for Book Arts in Los Angeles.
      Join instructor Rebecca Chamlee of Pie in the Sky Press for a five week beginners class exploring folded and sewn book structures. Students  will learn the basics of folding, cutting, sewing and covering a beautiful variety of book structures.
      Tuesday June 24 to Tuesday July 21 five classes 7-10 PM
         11720 Washington Place, Mar Vista Ca 90066

      $250 plus $25 materials fee payable to Rebecca.
      Week 1 Basic techniques and simple folded books.
      Week 2 Folded Books with Covers.
      Week 3 Simple Sewn Books.
      Week 4 Multiple signature Sewn Books.
      Week 5 Hard Cover Books
      students who have tools may bring them, a list will be sent upon registration but if you are new to book arts we can supply everything needed for you to take the class.
      To Register for this class or for more information please call Marcia Moore at 310-722-9004 or email marcia@...

      Sent from my iPad

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic