[ cross posted to a variety of printing and book arts related lists]
SAVE THE DATE !!! May 17th, 2014 !!! Circle it on your calendar NOW !!!
It has been confirmed that the San Jose Printers' Guild at History Park
in San Jose
will be hosting a
San Francisco Bay Area Printers' Fair, Wayzgoose, Swap
Meet & Marketplace on
Saturday May 17th 2014 from 9 am to 3 pm.
The event will be held on the beautiful grounds of History
Park in San Jose,
a recreated Victorian
located on acres of beautiful parkland at 1650 Senter Road, San Jose
The village boasts a turn of the 19th century fully operational letterpress
Print Shop operated by the San Jose Printers' Guild. The shop features a rare 10 x 15 Liberty Press, C&P Pilot
presses, proof presses, paper cutter, 100+ cases of moveable metal and wood
The park also includes a turn of the
century Bank, Livery Stable, General Store, Doctors Office, Dentist Office Schoolhouse,
Fire Dept, Chinese cultural building, etc....with a live historic Trolley car that runs through the town.
Admission to the park is FREE and the public is invited to attend the Printers' Fair event for
FREE as well.
It is anticipated that the fair will include most if not all of the
- letterpress printing demonstrations using antique presses
- paper-making demonstrations
- stone lithography exhibits
- vendors of all kinds for fine paper, printers inks, and letterpress type
- relief engravings in copper, zinc, magnesium and photopolymer
- printing equipment such as antique presses, paper cutters, and composing
- all manner of related printing and book binding supplies and equipment
- note cards, ephemera, hand made books, artist books
- information on printing related classes, exhibits, and organizations
*** Very soon......... printing artists, craftspeople and printing equipment vendors will
be invited to participate and vendor applications will be distributed and
Stay tuned for further information as it develops about this amazing event....