1771Re: paper ornaments

  • Lori Z
    Nov 8, 2010
      Hi, Jill. Not being a "letterpress person," I'm not acquainted with Norman, but I love hearing about all these creative things going on.

      And I appreciate you spreading the word about Made in Ojai! We just had our second book arts show on Saturday and it was really great. We just do it for a few hours, and it's mostly me and one other artist, but between us we have a LOT of art journals, round robin books, altered books, and handmade books. We had a station for beginning your own altered book, along with refreshments and wonderful live music.

      We are planning to do it again in conjunction with a new citywide event in March called WordFest. It's going to be a week-long book and author's fair, with workshops and events. I'll post more info about that here when I have it. Right now, you can go here for the basics: http://ojaiwordfest.blogspot.com

      Roberta Raye, the owner of Made in Ojai, is the originator of this idea and one of the event's coodinators. Norman may already know about it, but I'll give her his name just in case.

      We have a NEW web site for the store too: http://madeinojai.com/, as well as a facebook page where we announce events and such.

      So, that's probably more info than you wanted, but you asked for it!

      ;-)

      Lori