1758Dayle Doroshow Polymer Clay Workshops - November 6th and 7th

  • Marcia Moore
    Oct 12, 2010
      Messengers and Storytellers Saturday November 6, 2010 9AM to 4PM
      $100 All materials and tools included No experience necessary.
      Come enjoy the fun.

      Expand your design vocabulary in this spirited workshop by
      creating three-dimensional figures. We will make these figures of
      polymer clay using unique surface designs of millefiore & mokume gane
      and rich embellishments of beads, fibers and your personal
      treasures. Our inspiration will come from earlier cultures and also
      from easy whimsical designs we'll collage from two-dimensional
      imagery - a fun way to work to stimulate new ideas! The "Messengers"
      can have secret places to hide a message or object, the
      "Storytellers" can house a small book and both can incorporate
      removable jewelry.
      This class will give you fresh visions and open new
      possibilities for your own work!

      Rattles and Rattle Beads Sunday November 7, 2010 9AM to 4PM
      $100 All materials and tools included

      We’ll start off this spirited class by looking to ancient
      cultures as our inspiration to create Rattles and Rattle Beads from
      beautifully designed sheets and balls of polymer clay. Add dimension
      to your work by adding sound! The rattles can be in many shapes and
      sizes, from simple forms to more complex. We will explore ways to
      produce different sounds within the rattle.
      Techniques for surface designs will be many and varied-
      Millefiore, texture and sculptural elements.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic