1691Upcoming Classes with Dayle Doroshow

  • Marcia Moore
    Oct 5, 2009
      Hello Book Artists and polymer clay lovers!
      Backspace Bookarts is once again pleased to host olymer clay artist
      extraordinaire, Dayle Doroshow. Dayle will be teaching two classes
      in Santa Monica Nov. 7-8, illustrating her subtle mastery of the
      medium of polymer clay. All skill levels welcome. For details or
      more information, see below, or contact Marcia @ 310/729-1920 or
      Hope you'll join us.
      Marcia Moore, Backspace Bookarts

      The Imitatives - Saturday, 7 November 2009 - 10am to 4pm - $100
      (Materials included)
      This workshop explores a cornucopia of imitative recipes for making
      polymer clay that looks like the real thing. The class will focus on
      recipes for ivory, amber, turquoise, jade and coral. After making the
      clay body, we will create beads of all of these imitatives and
      complete a necklace that also serves as a sampler of all the
      techniques. Or you can create your "sampler" as a book of individual
      tiles/pages of the different techniques.. Antiquing and ageing the
      pieces will also be covered.

      Rattles and Rattle Beads - Sunday, 8 November 2009 - 10am to 4pm -
      $100(Materials included)
      We’ll start off this spirited class by looking to ancient cultures as
      our inspiration point to create rattles from beautifully designed
      sheets and balls of polymer clay. Add the dimension of “fun” to your
      art by incorporating sound. The rattles can be in many shapes, from
      simple forms and handheld balls to more complex figures. We’ll spend
      a some time brainstorming on shapes and we will explore the ways to
      produce different sounds within the rattle. Techniques for surface
      designs will be many and varied- Millefiore, texture and sculptural
      elements.