1622submit your work for a radsome exhibition

    Aug 9, 2008
      Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 01:35:19 -0700

      From: Judith Hoffberg <umbrella@...>

      Subject: To all Southern California book artists

      > Art Catalogues at MOCA, Pacific Design Center and Umbrella are

      > collaborating in a wide and resplendent exhibition of contemporary

      > artist bookworks which will be accessible to the public for exploration
      and sales during the course of the Artist Book Exhibition upstairs in the
      Galleries at MOCA, Pacific Design Center, Los Angeles. We want bookworks
      from San Diego to Santa Barbara, so please tell your colleagues.

      > We are asking for more than one copy of artist books which will be sent on
      consignment to Art Catalogues for the duration of the exhibition opening on
      19 October and closing sometime in January. If you send at least 5 copies,
      we will try to sell them to the public during the holiday season and before
      and after as well.

      > If you do send a one-of-a-kind bookwork, then realize that it will be
      handled by the public in the bookstore.

      > Books are to be consigned and sent, before October 3, 2008, to:

      > Art Catalogues at MOCA

      > Attn: Dagny Corcoran

      > 8687 Melrose Avenue, G102

      > West Hollywood, CA 90069

      > (310) 289-5223

      > Necessary information is to be supplied:

      > Title

      > Artist/Author

      > Publisher

      > City

      > Year

      > Price/Discount (I must have at least 30% per MOCA, as all sales go

      > through their register) Description, including edition size, where

      > signed, number of pages, medium and any interesting side-note. Dagny

      > put each book in a plastic bag together with the description and price

      > Contact address, e-mail and phone number

      Judith A. Hoffberg

      Editor & Publisher, Umbrella

      Jill Littlewood

      VP Annual Meetings for the Friends of Dard Hunter, Inc.

      435 E. Pedregosa

      Santa Barbara, CA, 93103

      (805) 898-9260 (home)

      (805) 448-2045 (cell)