1541RE: [Art Clinic Class Update

  • lifsart
    May 7, 2007
      ART CLINIC UPDATE of CLASSES for MAY 2007:

      A few changes in our schedule:

      May 12 Metal clay class has been cancelled due to the Artists Guild of
      Santa Ynez Valley Student Show Reception 3 - 5 PM at
      GALLERY LOS OLIVOS on Grand Ave in Los Olivos, CA

      May 19, 2007 Metal Clay class, Saturday from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM, join the
      fun and magic of working with Metal Clay*. Call Carol right away so she
      can order materials. Bring your lunch and drink. Cost: $100.00 which
      includes cost of Metal Clay.
      Open Studio available for individuals who have attended her introductory
      class for Metal Clay. The studio cost is $25.00 plus the cost of the
      silver clay. Beads and findings will be available for you to complete a
      necklace, bracelet or earrings at an additional cost.

      Sunday, May 20, 9 - 4 Altered Book workshop. This is our most popular
      class. In this jammed pack class we will show you several book altering
      and transfer techniques while you learn some color theory and journaling
      tips. You just need to bring your scissors and have lunch break plans.
      All other materials provided. Fee $85. If you are a returning student
      and don't need supplies. Fee $70.

      Saturday, May 26, 9-4 Felting basic will be taught by Guest artist,
      Barbara Carr. In this workshop you will learn the basics of felting by
      making a piece of flat felt, using colorful merino wool fiber, water and
      soap. You will be able to embellish your flat piece using silk and
      "prefelts". No knitting required (or allowed).
      All supplies provided with a break for lunch $60.

      Sunday May 27, 1 to 5 You can join Carol and Syd at their workshop for
      the ground breaking ceremony of the Lompoc Theater. It is the theater's
      80th birthday also.

      *Metal Clay is 99.9% Pure Fine Silver which has been finely ground and
      mixed with an organic binder which produces a clay-like material. When
      fired, the binder burns away and the silver solidifies. This clay can be
      sculpted, carved, stamped, cast, virtually manipulated anyway that you
      can work traditional clay. If you have a desire to create beautiful
      pieces in silver without the need for a silversmith's tools or
      experience.

      Carol at 805-588-0876 E-mail: <mailto:lifsart@...>
      lifsart@...
      Blog: <http://www.lifsart.blogspot.com>