1540Workshop at University of California Channel Islands - artist ROBERT DANCIK

  • Joyce Resnik
    May 7, 2007
      some of you might be interested in attending this. I've signed up. Look on his
      website for great images of his work. http://www.robertdancik.com
      He gives workshops at Art & Soul in Portland and it fills up fast so I'm thrilled to attend
      one in my own backyard. Here's the information from Sylvia Torres:
      Class descriptiion:

      Forming Lasting and Meaningful Attachments -- Robert Dancik
      The scene: you have a glass marble, a vintage photo of a race car, a
      piece of fired PMC formed from a silicone mold you made of a Monopoly
      piece, a broken bicycle tail light and a carnelian cabochon. All these
      need to be combined with sterling silver to form a bracelet and of
      course, be as durable as possible. You could just hang them from a
      chain however, you also want to ensure that the materials and the
      manner in which they are combined forward the idea you want to express
      in the piece. In this very useful and extensive workshop participants
      will explore ways of attaching almost anything to almost anything else
      and enhance the message in your work in the process. We will delve
      into a broad spectrum of materials including epoxies, concrete,polymer
      clays, Faux Bone and paper pulp mache as well as a full range of cold
      connections to use in tandem with these materials. Though these may
      seem familiar, we will use them in very different ways to build a
      matrix of material, process, and procedure, allowing a much greater
      freedom of expression.All the techniques, materials, and processes can
      be used in conjunction with traditional metalworking, as well as the
      various types of metal clay. This is a very practical workshop with
      applications to book artists, sculptors, and jewelers alike.

      Hi all:
      It looks like we have a workshop! It's going to be
      Monday, May 14th, 10a-5p at SCIART. Because we are closed on Monday,
      we will be doing the workshop in one of the galleries.
      So... to be officially signed up, please send me your check for $60
      (payable to Sylvia Torres as I will be cashing and sending him one
      check) which covers the instructor fee, and locks in the class. Please
      email me your confirmation and let me know you mailed your check or
      will drop off at SCIART. Mail: Sylvia Torres, PO Box 1028, Camarillo,
      CA 93011).
      I am working out the details of the other expenses with the
      instructor. I will let you know. I don't expect this to be more than a
      total of $125 (includes the original $60). The really great thing is
      that we are piggy-backing on to a trip to CA so there's no flight
      expense. Robert Dancik, the instructor, is from CT.

      He said the workshop could be 16-20 people depending on our space
      (which we have plenty of). It will be 1st come, first signed up.The morning would be
      demonstration and the afternoon would be
      hands-on. He will go over Faux Bone (hope you all saw his website:
      http://www.robertdancik.com (click on gallery)
      I am expecting him to send a list of supplies to bring and will notify
      you asap. He's also sending a list of equipment he will need. I may be
      sending another email if there's items I don't personally have.
      Thank you for catching my enthusiasm. I think it's a great
      opportunity, and will be a really great workshop.
      Sylvia
      Cell: 805-236-2020
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic