1471print portfolio exchange

    Nov 13, 2006
      Re: Halloween
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Kerri Cushman
      Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2006 9:29 PM
      Subject: Re: Halloween

      Greetings--I hope you are all doing well.
      I thought I would pass this on to all of you folks. Please feel free to spread the word. The more the merrier! We are also bringing in Amos Kennedy as a visiting artist for 2 days here at Longwood.

      Pulp, Press, Print for Democracy
      Longwood University's Art Department is hosting a portfolio exchange in conjunction with our American Democracy Project Conference. Each participant will receive 10 prints from the exchange, as well as a commemorative, letterpress printed poster from Amos Kennedy Prints. A print exhibition will grace the halls of Longwood University's Bedford Art Gallery on Jan. 22 - Feb. 16, 2007.
      Here are the guidelines:
      Media: Any archival print media.
      Paper size: 11" x 14"
      Image Size: Your choice
      Edition Size: 11 prints
      Deadline: Friday, Jan. 12th, 2007. Impress your ideas, concerns, reflections, predictions, and insights about democracy and the democratic process. For even more details, see the attached prospectus.I hope you can participate.....Also, we finally received the papermaking equipment (Reina press, beater, dryer) and recently acquired a Farmvillian's letterpress studio (still looking for a vandercook), so any time you want to make paper /play with type you are more than welcome to come to Virginia!!
      Thanks!
      Kerri

      --
      Kerri Cushman