1291Medieval Tight Back book workshop at Hiromi Paper

  • rosequeen48
    Jul 26, 2005
      Medieval Mechanical Tight Back Long Stitch Binding - $65.00 (Materials
      included) with Charlene Matthews; Sunday, August 14th 2005, 12-4pm, in
      Santa Monica.

      Come prepared to make a binding with Charlene Matthews that has been
      traced back over 600 years. It consists of blank signatures, sewn
      through a limp spine and spine plate. We will make a layered
      decorative/ sewn limp binding and decorate a spine plate before sewing
      the spine together. This binding can be adapted to many materials, but
      we will concentrate on the many beautiful papers Hiromi has to offer.
      This binding works well for diaries, photo albums, and collage
      scrapbooks. Charlene Matthews Bindery, based in Los Angeles has been
      in operation since 2000. Charlene provides a full range of bindery
      services, including fine bookmaking, book and art restoration/repair,
      custom box making and book art services for contemporary artists.

      More info: http://www.hiromipaper.com/hpi_newsletter.htm
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic