LAKE CHAMPLAIN BOLGER MESSABOUT

  • ellengaest@boatbuilding.com
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 3, 2001
      Hi Bolgerites!
      There are only 180 days left before the Lake Champlain Bolger
      Messabout(weekend of August 4th and 5th,2001) and at last count there
      were 8 Bolgerites attending or at least expressing the desire to do
      so.
      Thanks to the reconnoitring talents of David C. and his links to
      some rather alluring photos of the lake,KINGSLAND BAY is where the
      fun will be taking place.
      For any Bolgerites within driving distance who are still in
      the"shopping around"phase,this may be an excellent opportunity to
      come see a BOLGER BOAT in the flesh and finally take the plunge.For
      those going through the"highs and lows" of getting your Bolger Boat
      built/finished,the Messabout might just give you that little extra
      boost to make it through the home stretch.And finally,for all the
      proud owner/builders of a Bolger Boat,this is an enjoyable way to
      show-off your baby,compare notes and perhaps even inspire others to
      build!
      Also,and this is where it gets interesting,we run the risk of
      having a really fine time in a grand setting nestled in between the
      Green Mountains to the East and the White Mountains to the West(or is
      it the other way around?).
      At any rate,for those within a reasonable/practical distance(and
      you all know who you are) consider keeping the weekend of August 4th
      and 5th free and come join in the fun at KINGSLAND BAY!
      And that is about as formal and structured as I would make
      it.Anyone willing to"organize" a bit of racing etc.....?
      Finally,all those who have to date either expressed an interest
      to attend or who are in fact attending,perhaps we should post this
      along with the boat(s) we are will be bringing so that others(the
      undecided/unsure/curious gang) will have an idea of what to expect
      seeing at the messabout.
      Sincerely,
      Peter Lenihan,on the snowy shores of the St.Lawrence......
    • David C
      Message 35 of 35 , Jul 28, 2001
        Don -

        Great!

        The ferry out of Essex NY will get you over to Charlotte, VT, just north of
        where you want to be. Take the ferry road (F-5) out to Route 7. Take a right
        on route 7 and follow the previously posted directions south to Kingsland
        Bay.

        David