Re: Retreiver and Champlain

  • pvanderw@optonline.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2001
      Intended service speed is the big difference. Champlain is a hull-
      speed limited design, meant to go 5 or 6 kts with a small engine,
      with full live-aboard amenities. Retriever is a planning design,
      meant to take a much bigger engine. Interior comforts are somewhat
      less. - PHV

      --- In bolger@y..., "Seabird Aviation Australia Pty Ltd"

    • king@classics.nu
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 16, 2001
        Anyone know of any pictures online of Champlain? Where would I find
        more. So far search engines reveal nothing.

        Thanks.

        Bryan

        --- In bolger@y..., pvanderw@o... wrote:

        > Intended service speed is the big difference. Champlain is a hull-
        > speed limited design, meant to go 5 or 6 kts with a small engine,
        > with full live-aboard amenities. Retriever is a planning design,
        > meant to take a much bigger engine. Interior comforts are somewhat
        > less. - PHV
        >
        > --- In bolger@y..., "Seabird Aviation Australia Pty Ltd"
        > <seabird@a...> wrote:
        > > Does anyone know the differences between the Retreiver and
        Champlain
        > > designs?
        > >
        > > Regards
        > >
        > > Peter Adams