a few more photos

  • wattleweedooseeds@bigpond.com.au
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2001
      Just a few photos added to ' folding schooner in australia' section
      of files. It's not red dust and beer out here, we have a our fair
      share of mud and water if you know where and when to look. not too
      much progress this week due to my battery charger for the screwdriver
      died I'll just have to do it the hard , old fashioned way. only 24
      days to go till my week crewing on the 'Leeuwin' for seven days, so
      all work and minimum play for the rest of the week. cheers for now,
      Paul Day
      Waltzing Matilda
    • Orr, Jamie
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2001
        Paul

        Your comments about the rains and their effect on the creek struck a chord.
        In 1987 I spent a summer (your winter) in Perth, and took part in the Avon
        Descent, which I'm sure you're familiar with. (For everybody else, this is
        a two day race for 8 foot outboard boats, canoes, kayaks, and wave skis.
        They pulled us off the river at the last checkpoint -- said it was getting
        too dark, so I didn't finish -- but that's another story.) The river was
        mostly dry rocks until 3 or 4 days before the race, when it rained, causing
        the river to rise and overflow. We were paddling through the trees and
        bushes, looking for the best (or sometimes any!) route.

        You could make some kind of history by entering your folding schooner. On
        the other hand, I saw several fibreglass kayaks and wave skis folded around
        tree trunks, so you might fit right in! Anyway, thanks for triggering some
        great memories, hoist a Swan's for me.

        Jamie Orr

        Just a few photos added to ' folding schooner in australia' section
        of files. It's not red dust and beer out here, we have a our fair
        share of mud and water if you know where and when to look. not too
        much progress this week due to my battery charger for the screwdriver
        died I'll just have to do it the hard , old fashioned way. only 24
        days to go till my week crewing on the 'Leeuwin' for seven days, so
        all work and minimum play for the rest of the week. cheers for now,
        Paul Day
        Waltzing Matilda

        Bolger rules!!!
        - no cursing, flaming, trolling, or spamming
        - no flogging dead horses
        - add something: take "thanks!" and "ditto!" posts off-list.
        - stay on topic and punctuate
        - add your comments at the TOP and SIGN your posts