Retreiver and Champlain

  • Seabird Aviation Australia Pty Ltd
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2001
      Does anyone know the differences between the Retreiver and Champlain
      designs?

      Regards

      Peter Adams
    • pvanderw@optonline.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2001
        Intended service speed is the big difference. Champlain is a hull-
        speed limited design, meant to go 5 or 6 kts with a small engine,
        with full live-aboard amenities. Retriever is a planning design,
        meant to take a much bigger engine. Interior comforts are somewhat
        less. - PHV

        --- In bolger@y..., "Seabird Aviation Australia Pty Ltd"

      • king@classics.nu
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 16, 2001
          Anyone know of any pictures online of Champlain? Where would I find
          more. So far search engines reveal nothing.

          Thanks.

          Bryan

          --- In bolger@y..., pvanderw@o... wrote:

          > Intended service speed is the big difference. Champlain is a hull-
          > speed limited design, meant to go 5 or 6 kts with a small engine,
          > with full live-aboard amenities. Retriever is a planning design,
          > meant to take a much bigger engine. Interior comforts are somewhat
          > less. - PHV
          >
          > --- In bolger@y..., "Seabird Aviation Australia Pty Ltd"
          > <seabird@a...> wrote:
          > > Does anyone know the differences between the Retreiver and
          Champlain
          > > designs?
          > >
          > > Regards
          > >
          > > Peter Adams