Re: Micro v Chebacco

  • jboatguy@cs.com
    Message 1 of 40 , Jan 30, 2001
      LM's been in the mix too, truth to tell (though I'd hardly call it
      driving myself crazy, more like revelleling in the decision).

      Pippo, did you look at Long Micro? What did you find? I don't have
      any Long Micro plans. Nor did I know PCB'd raised the stick on
      Micro. Interesting....

      I'd never considered the Micro might be significantly easier to build
      either. Something else to add to the mix (is she really all that
      easier?) Looking at the deck detail on Chebacco, maybe she is.

      And, big question here, Peter L., if Micro owners are Micrites (or
      whatver was decided) does that make potential Micro owners, measuring
      their options, Micrometers?

      Hmmm. These big questions of the universe are baffling. What to do
      what to do?

      If I decide for Chebacco, does that make me a Microrejectionist, or a
      Microdeletist? If I build one in my head, step by step, am I a
      Micromethodist? If I just like Micros, and have Micro owing friends,
      am I a Microny, or just a Micronut.

      Maybe if I don't like then I'm a Micronot.

      Or, if I don't care one way or the other, does that make me Micronull?

      Is the Long Micro a Macromicro, or do we reserve that for Loose
      Moose. Has anyone noticed that Loose Moose and Long Micro share the
      same acronym? LM. Did PCB do that on purpose? Oh my God! The
      universe is soooo astounding!

      I can't stand it. Stop me please!

      Ponder these question well before responding. The fate of Microworld
      depends on it....

      John O'Neill, Wasting WAY way too much time here in sunny N. CA
      (before the power goes off), when I really do have things that need
      doing as long as the power is on.

      --- In bolger@y..., pvanderw@o... wrote:

      > I personally think that anyone driving himself crazy with the
      choice
      > of Micro v Chebacco should finish the job by including Long Micro
      in
      > the decision tree. Micro construction at Chebacco size.
      >
      > In wondering why PCB decided to encourage a larger rig for Micro, I
      > have pondered whether experience gained with the reportedly very
      > generous rig of Long Micro played a part.
      >
      > Peter
    • Phillip Lea
      Message 40 of 40 , Feb 2, 2001
        Of course the 2.5 feet have to go to the top of the
        mast -- with 2.5 feet on the bottom, the Micro would
        lose quite a bit of its shallow draft -- kind of like
        the Santa Monica Pier. ;-)

        Phil Lea

        > > I haven't seen the plans for the taller
        mast(Micro) > > but imagine that the extra 2.5 feet is
        happening at

        a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/