[bolger] Tortoise stability

  • KF4call@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9, 1999
      Has anyone sailed a Tortoise on open water with waves and boat wakes?...How
      much stability should I expect? How easily does it capsize (from forces
      other than being over-canvasses) and how easy is it to right again? Best
      regards, Warren
    • lm2
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 10, 1999
        The Tortoise is just about the most stable dinghy ever designed...I have
        used and built a few and they have been the mainstay for all the Loose
        Moose's. We always anchor as far away from everyone/everything so we have
        rowed through just about all sorts of conditions and though you may get wet
        you'll never flip it.

        Bob