Re: Surf, Gypsy or Wind Sprint

  • Ann Romanczuk
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2001
      If you want the highest capacity, build a Windsprint. Bettter yet,
      scale up June Bug 10 or 20 percent. I built a Gypsy many years ago
      and sailed her a lot, and although she has many virtues, large size
      isn't one of them. She's really a very small boat for her length - 2
      adults is OK, three is really crowded and makes her a slug in
      anything less than a strong breeze.

      OTOH, all of these are pretty small boats. If you really want to
      carry a load, there might be better choices.

      BTW, the Rubens Nymph has surprising carrying capacity; 4 pretty big
      adults in relatively smooth water is no strain.