Re: [bolger] Tennessee vs. Idaho

  • Bruce Fountain
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2001
      Stan Muller [mailto:smuller@...] wrote:
      > Our friends, "down under" seem to really go for the Tennessee. I
      > remember seeing a web site showing quite a number of them, having a
      > variety of differing layouts. built to the taste of the owners. Maybe
      > someone on the list can fill you in with some URL's

      http://www.ace.net.au/schooner/tenn.htm

      This email and any files transmitted with it from Mi Services
      Group may contain information which is
      privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure.
      If it is not addressed to you, please immediately contact
      nzpostmaster@... and do not use, disclose,
      copy, distribute or retain any of it without our authority.

    • scotpat@bigpond.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 19, 2001
        Going through the same evaluations myself for next project. The site
        here in Oz with several versions of Tennessee is www.duckflat-
        woodenboats.com.au. They also have a book with many more variations.
        Other things to consider is Tennessee is beamier and lends itself to
        better accomodation, also motor can be hidden in a well.

        Pat Devlin
      • cwgriesel
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 21, 2002
          What are the major differences between the Tennessee and the Idaho?
          They seem to be about the same size. In searching around the web
          I've seen various Tennessees and Idahos mentioned to be anywhere from
          29 to 31 feet long with 5 to 6 foot beams.

          Since their size is so similar, what are the major differences
          between the two designs?

          If I were to build either one, scaled to be 30 feet long, which one
          would have the wider beam and the most capacity? Which of the two
          would handle better?
        • sneakeasy2000
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 21, 2002
            Hi
            I built and own a Sneakeasy. The Idaho is a stretched version of
            Sneakeasy. She has a flat bottom all the way to the stern and a
            slight rise in the bow. Idaho is 5 feet wide by 31 feet I believe.
            Tennessee is 29 feet by 6 feet and is a semidisplacement hull in that
            there is a rise in the stern. My Sneakeasy is 4 feet wide, 26 feet
            long and is very stable because of the flat bottom and no stern
            rise. You may want to contact Chuck Leinweber at Duckworks magazine
            whose has built a Tennessee. She looks very stable and roomy. The
            Wyoming is a larger version of Sneakeasy by two times. Jeff Blunck
            is building one, only the second one in the world I think. There is
            an article and link in http://www.duckworksmagazine.com to see it.

            Hope this helps.

            P.S. I love my Sneakeasy

            Steve Bosquette