Re: [bolger] Re: Small Boats ;-)

  • Chuck Leinweber
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2001
      > > "Boat owners IQ and boat length tend to be inversely proportional".
      > >
      > > Stan, Snow Goose.
      >
      > Damn Stan!
      > Why else did I move from a Punt to a Micro!
      > Don
      > micro Oink!

      Yeah, and I started out with a 29ft Tennessee. Doh!

      Chuck
    • Jim Chamberlin RCSIS
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2001
        Hi Group,
        Does this mean that the really bright people in this world don't build boats
        at all? Or perhaps the model builders win the IQ crown? Me, I'm thoroughly
        enjoying being fat, dumb(er) and happy. BTW, I wish you Micro folks
        (Micromaniacs) would quit with the posts; I'm really getting tempted to
        order a set of plans for a closer look. Stop it, stop it. I have the
        second Pointy Skiff and Ira Einstein's double paddle dory (Doryak) both
        under construction with the Pygmyboats Coho kit waiting in drydock. I don't
        need another temptation. And what about the Kayleigh plans I have? I'm
        loosing it.......early stage Micromania, perhaps. Are study drawings
        available?
        Jim C.

      • Stan Muller
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2001
          Welcome Jim C.,
          It's always good to hear from a possible convert. For something
          better than Study plans, go to;
          http://space.tin.it/io/jfwbi/micro.html
          If that doesn't convince you, then check out;
          http://www.jersey.net/~tetherin/micro.htm
          And;
          http://www.boatdesign.com/micro/
          and;
          http://www.carlsondesign.com/projects.html#Micro
          and;
          http://www.realtime.net/~ourhouse/
          If your still not convinced, check out; "the most bang for the buck"
          thread in the egroup archives.

          Stan, A non-predigest independent outside observer, M/V Snow Goose