Re: [bolger] Re: Hull Identification Number

  • Michael Surface
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 31, 2000
      You do not need a MIN unless you plan to build boats for sale. I got
      the package from the Coast Guard and all the rule listed in the small
      boat builders site are for manufacture (ie people that are building for
      resale) not for the home builder that is making the boat for his own use.
      The HIN is usually given out by some state agency such as the department of
      state, Department of motor vehicles for example. The number is usually only
      required if the vessel is to be powered and is useful to have if you ever
      sell the boat to someone else.

      Michael Surface