re:OSB as boatbuilding material

  • Vince and Mary Ann Chew
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2000
      No! no! no! I've used tons of it in building houses. It is fine for
      certain purposes. However, let an OSB subfloor with 3/4" T&G OSB get wet
      and, voila!, it becomes 1" OSB -- it swells as it absorbs water. Bend it
      and after awhile it takes a set -- low tensile strength -- so it will
      not stay bent to a fair curve. Corners and edges chip off easily. It
      might be okay for temporary expendable frames or jigs.

      Vince Chew