Re: [bolger] Building materials

  • John Bell
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2000
      This comes up from time to time over in rec.boats.building: the answer is
      always "no" for hull cosntruction. The only use that seems acceptable for in
      boatbuilding is temporary forms for strip and lapstrake construction.

      OSB's major problem is that it soaks up lot of water, is very prone to
      delamination and rot, and not very strong for its weight.

      I urge you to look at some of the usenet archive sites for the discussions.