Re: Martha Jane on the Great Lakes

  • edward haile
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 26, 2000
      Dear Claude,

      I think the Martha Jane is a good choice. As designed she is tender,
      but can be ballasted "to taste" in addition to her designed water
      ballast to make her stiffer. A big advantage for soloists over the
      other designs mentioned is that she is naturally self-steering. You
      cannot change the rig to advantage. It should take three or four
      years for a rank amateur to build. Yes, quite roomy on a rainy day.

      ED HAILE