Re: Selway-Fisher

  • Giuseppe Bianco
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2000
      Frank - as I recall it, the Wises commissioned both PCB and Paul
      Fisher a design based on their requirements, and ended up choosing
      PCB's. By the way, Fisher's Loose Moose is very very different from
      PCB's...
      Best, Pippo

      (www.selway-
      > fisher.com under yachts over 35'.) Isn't this a PCB design? It even
      > says it was commissioned by Bob & Sheila Wise, which couple
      > commissioned PCB, right? If this has already been discussed I
      > apolgize, but I searched the postings and found no mention of it.
      >
      > Frank Bales
      > Staunton, VA
    • Chuck Leinweber
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2000
        > Frank - as I recall it, the Wises commissioned both PCB and Paul
        > Fisher a design based on their requirements, and ended up choosing
        > PCB's. By the way, Fisher's Loose Moose is very very different from
        > PCB's...
        > Best, Pippo

        I did not know about this other Loose Moose, but it is obvious from the
        drawings on the SF site:

        http://www.selway-fisher.com/Yachtsover35.html

        that this is much different from PCB's boat. To begin with, I am sure that
        at 16000 pounds, this is much heavier than the one that got built. Does
        anyone know the displacement of the Bolger version? I looked in BWAOM and
        on Tim Fatchen's and Bob Wise's sites. Anyone know?

        One gripe: Paul Fisher calls his LMII "shoal draft" even thought it draws
        THREE FEET. Bolger's, of course needs only 14". I think the term is widely
        abused to apply to anything whose draft in under one half its beam. Maybe
        we need a new term for ultra shoal draft. Something like....."ultra shoal
        draft".

        Chuck
      • jboatguy@cs.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2000
          Loose Moose is pure 100% unadulterated, unapolegetic Bolger. Check
          out http://ace.net.au/schooner/sites2.htm

          There was one for sale in Messing About in Boats this past summer.

          John

        • jboatguy@cs.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2000
            PS on my last reply, I got the site wrong. It's:

            http://ace.net.au/schooner/as192939.htm#start

            John

            -- In bolger@egroups.com, fbales@a... wrote:
            > Has anyone seen the Loose Moose design at this web site?
            (www.selway-
            > fisher.com under yachts over 35'.) Isn't this a PCB design? It
            even
            > says it was commissioned by Bob & Sheila Wise, which couple
            > commissioned PCB, right? If this has already been discussed I
            > apolgize, but I searched the postings and found no mention of it.
            >
            > Frank Bales
            > Staunton, VA
          • lm2
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 4, 2000
              Hi

              Been away for awhile in the wilds of LA shooting a feature film....The
              Selway Fisher design was comissioned by us to the same brief that created
              LM2...Interesting to see how two different NA's took the same info and used
              it. For anyone interested we do have a set of plans for the Selway Fisher
              Loose Moose for sale.

              Bob & Sheila
              St Thomas USVI