Selway-Fisher

  • fbales@adelphia.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2000
      Has anyone seen the Loose Moose design at this web site? (www.selway-
      fisher.com under yachts over 35'.) Isn't this a PCB design? It even
      says it was commissioned by Bob & Sheila Wise, which couple
      commissioned PCB, right? If this has already been discussed I
      apolgize, but I searched the postings and found no mention of it.

      Frank Bales
      Staunton, VA
    • Giuseppe Bianco
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2000
        Frank - as I recall it, the Wises commissioned both PCB and Paul
        Fisher a design based on their requirements, and ended up choosing
        PCB's. By the way, Fisher's Loose Moose is very very different from
        PCB's...
        Best, Pippo

        --- In bolger@egroups.com, fbales@a... wrote:
        > Has anyone seen the Loose Moose design at this web site?
        (www.selway-
        > fisher.com under yachts over 35'.) Isn't this a PCB design? It even
        > says it was commissioned by Bob & Sheila Wise, which couple
        > commissioned PCB, right? If this has already been discussed I
        > apolgize, but I searched the postings and found no mention of it.
        >
        > Frank Bales
        > Staunton, VA
      • Chuck Leinweber
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2000
          > Frank - as I recall it, the Wises commissioned both PCB and Paul
          > Fisher a design based on their requirements, and ended up choosing
          > PCB's. By the way, Fisher's Loose Moose is very very different from
          > PCB's...
          > Best, Pippo

          I did not know about this other Loose Moose, but it is obvious from the
          drawings on the SF site:

          http://www.selway-fisher.com/Yachtsover35.html

          that this is much different from PCB's boat. To begin with, I am sure that
          at 16000 pounds, this is much heavier than the one that got built. Does
          anyone know the displacement of the Bolger version? I looked in BWAOM and
          on Tim Fatchen's and Bob Wise's sites. Anyone know?

          One gripe: Paul Fisher calls his LMII "shoal draft" even thought it draws
          THREE FEET. Bolger's, of course needs only 14". I think the term is widely
          abused to apply to anything whose draft in under one half its beam. Maybe
          we need a new term for ultra shoal draft. Something like....."ultra shoal
          draft".

          Chuck
        • jboatguy@cs.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2000
            Loose Moose is pure 100% unadulterated, unapolegetic Bolger. Check
            out http://ace.net.au/schooner/sites2.htm

            There was one for sale in Messing About in Boats this past summer.

            John

          • jboatguy@cs.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 4, 2000
              PS on my last reply, I got the site wrong. It's:

              http://ace.net.au/schooner/as192939.htm#start

              John

              -- In bolger@egroups.com, fbales@a... wrote:
              > Has anyone seen the Loose Moose design at this web site?
              (www.selway-
              > fisher.com under yachts over 35'.) Isn't this a PCB design? It
              even
              > says it was commissioned by Bob & Sheila Wise, which couple
              > commissioned PCB, right? If this has already been discussed I
              > apolgize, but I searched the postings and found no mention of it.
              >
              > Frank Bales
              > Staunton, VA
            • lm2
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 4, 2000
                Hi

                Been away for awhile in the wilds of LA shooting a feature film....The
                Selway Fisher design was comissioned by us to the same brief that created
                LM2...Interesting to see how two different NA's took the same info and used
                it. For anyone interested we do have a set of plans for the Selway Fisher
                Loose Moose for sale.

                Bob & Sheila
                St Thomas USVI