Re: Champlain 22' Cruiser

  • Vince Chew
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2000
      I don't know about on the list. But, this link has a very good photo
      of Champlain underway plus a a reprint of the drawings. The builder's
      name and address are in the caption under the photo. His phone number
      can be found by a white pages search. He is Mr. Han van Pelt of
      Balderson, ON (Canada).

      http://mkstocks.tripod.com/boats/champlain/index.htm

      Vince Chew

    • paulsimard@sympatico.ca
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 14, 2000
        Last October, I did visit Han Van Pelt's Champlain Cruiser. This
        cabinetmaker by profession and a former industrial design teacher, is
        full of ingenuity and skill. He spent a lot of time improving the
        interior design, not being as frugal as you know who....Van Pelt has
        even written down on a 100 pages or so, most of his suggestions which
        he will offer you for the cost of the photocopies. At the time of my
        visit, he was considering selling his boat for some personal reasons.

        I'm myself considering building Champlain for which I bought the
        plans. It could take a year to 15 months before I start this project.
        In the mean time, I intend to make a model of it at a scale of 1"=1'.

        Willing to share any info with those interested in Champlain design.

        Over 15 inches of snow are waiting for my personal attention to-night!

        Paul