Champlain 22' Cruiser

  • jpage@sas.state.vt.us
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2000
      I am interested in learning more about the Champlain 22' Cruiser
      design. I have the two MAIB articles that have appeared. Can anyone
      direct me to other articles? Are there any owners/builders out there
      who would be willing to provide me with first-hand information about
      the boat?
    • Vince Chew
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2000
        I don't know about on the list. But, this link has a very good photo
        of Champlain underway plus a a reprint of the drawings. The builder's
        name and address are in the caption under the photo. His phone number
        can be found by a white pages search. He is Mr. Han van Pelt of
        Balderson, ON (Canada).

        http://mkstocks.tripod.com/boats/champlain/index.htm

        Vince Chew

      • paulsimard@sympatico.ca
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 14, 2000
          Last October, I did visit Han Van Pelt's Champlain Cruiser. This
          cabinetmaker by profession and a former industrial design teacher, is
          full of ingenuity and skill. He spent a lot of time improving the
          interior design, not being as frugal as you know who....Van Pelt has
          even written down on a 100 pages or so, most of his suggestions which
          he will offer you for the cost of the photocopies. At the time of my
          visit, he was considering selling his boat for some personal reasons.

          I'm myself considering building Champlain for which I bought the
          plans. It could take a year to 15 months before I start this project.
          In the mean time, I intend to make a model of it at a scale of 1"=1'.

          Willing to share any info with those interested in Champlain design.

          Over 15 inches of snow are waiting for my personal attention to-night!

          Paul