Re: MDO without glass?

  • Leander S. Harding
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 30, 2000
      ---

      > The next boat I build, I will see if I can get MDO light enough to
      do
      > the job.
      >
      > Tom Etherington

      I found some 3/8 MDO at our local lumberyard, (the fancy one with the
      Maitre De) and used it on the bottom of one half of the Folding
      Schooner without glass. I was careful to paint the exposed edges with
      resin. It is stiffer than 1/4 Marine ply with cloth and resin on it. I
      would happily use the stuff for the whole boat next time. I do think
      you want to wear a dust mask when cutting it.

      Leander H