Re: [bolger] Part 3 of an article from Nautical Quarterly 21 (last one)

  • John Bell
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2000
      At 06:46 PM 11/29/00 -0600, you wrote:

      >John, thanks for digging this up.

      You're welcome. I really enjoyed the life story of the man who give his
      name to this group. I'd just love to have a reason to meet him!

      >Great picture of Kilburn Adams' "Skiff America 20" in WBoat "Launchings"
      >this month - a higher finish than I'm shooting for, but much the same idea.

      I was on the scene at the Midwest Messabout when that picture was taken.
      Kilburn's boat is indeed built to a very high standard: occume plywood, all
      mahogany trim, lots of brightwork. It is a very nice smooth water cruiser
      for a couple (which is what it was intended to be.)

      My boats look positively amateur by comparison.

      JB