Re: [bolger] Is Birdwatcher sheathed in fiberglass?

  • John Bell
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2000
      I worked it out at one time wanting to build one myself. The topsides need
      3 sheets of 1/4", add 3-4 more for decks, bulkheads etc. The bottom eats a
      lot of 1/2", something like 8 or 9 sheets. You'll need 2-3 more sheets
      of 1/2" for the centerboard and rudder. The really brutal expense is the
      two sheet of 3/16" lexan for the house top. Unfortunately, I'm traveling
      tonight and don't have access to my files to get to the exact numbers.

      Bolger doesn't specify fiberglass sheathing, but I can't see any reason why
      you wouldn't want to on the bottom, at the very least.

      JB on the road in Madison, WI.