Re: Heads

  • Samson Family
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 28, 2000
      >If I had my way, there'd be a toilet seat cantilevered out over the
      >transom like a pirate's plank. Still, it seems worth while to at
      >least investigate other options.

      This is how the heads on big Dhows are arranged, though over the side near
      the bows rather than at the transom (keeping in mind following winds . . .)

      The pirate's plank has wooden screens all around to preserve modesty, so the
      whole thing looks like a box hanging over the side of the boat. The general
      term used is "The Thunderbox". Can't think why . . .?

      Bill