Windows

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 14, 2000
      Thanks guys, my brain is begining to actually work.

      David,

      Wiley windows are great, I've built and used them. A piece of 1/4"
      plywood with the center cut out and a screen stapled to it makes a
      great bug screen.

      They wont work in my application though. I've got a 24" x 24" window
      with only 3" above it to the overhead.

      Jim,

      Good thoughts.

      Trim on the outside I'd be worried about wind pressure pushing in
      when
      trailering, have to think on that one.

      Swinging in and hanging from the overhead is restricted by the small
      (4' X 6') pilothouse and five 24" x 24" windows, to crowded.

      More suggestions welcomed.

      Rick
    • freedem@excite.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 15, 2000
        While I do not know what they are called, though I heard them called
        pullman? or train car windows there is a vertical sliding
        kindadjustable by astrap with eyeholes on a hook lowered they slip out
        of sight in protective bays the strap hiik on an inverted peg below
        the window so when the window needs to be all of the way up the strap
        is down in front

        having wrote that there is another solution On the bluebird
        schoolbusses the windows are split unto upper and lower halfs and
        spring loaded friction mechinisms hold them in place that gives you
        half ventalation and half clear glass. last sugention I use a
        backhow,(Case) it has triple windows ( three tracks) upper is outer
        most and hook or ratchets on each side. by lowering the midddle window
        then the upper window you get about 75 percent air space and the
        lowest part still lets light in
        jeffery

        --- In bolger@egroups.com, "Rick " <sctree@d...> wrote:
        > Thanks guys, my brain is begining to actually work.
        >
        > David,
        >
        > Wiley windows are great, I've built and used them. A piece of 1/4"
        > plywood with the center cut out and a screen stapled to it makes a
        > great bug screen.
        >
        > They wont work in my application though. I've got a 24" x 24" window
        > with only 3" above it to the overhead.
        >
        > Jim,
        >
        > Good thoughts.
        >
        > Trim on the outside I'd be worried about wind pressure pushing in
        > when
        > trailering, have to think on that one.
        >
        > Swinging in and hanging from the overhead is restricted by the small
        > (4' X 6') pilothouse and five 24" x 24" windows, to crowded.
        >
        > More suggestions welcome
      • Jeff Blunck
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 31, 2002
          There was a discussion earlier on how to deal with Lexan / Acrylic. Here's a web site with the glues and tools available to order.

          http://www.clearcutplastics.com/Do_it_Yourself/do_it_yourself.html

          Jeff

        • Sam Glasscock
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
            Thanks, Jeff--very timely. I started that discussion,
            and am now puzzling over the installation of plexi
            windows on my Topaz. Looks like lots of neat, helpful
            stuff on the site. Sam

            http://auctions.yahoo.com