[bolger] Re: sneakbox impressions

  • G Carlson
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 4, 1999
      It seems like I got 16 mph on my original Mariner 15, so I was hoping for
      25+ on my present Evinrude 25. With nothing in the boat but me, I can just
      get 22 on a good day with a light ripple on the water. Perfectly flat
      water is slower - 20-21. It suprised me that the speed potential was the
      same for either prop - maybe I need to split the difference, as I think the
      high-pitch prop is slightly lugging the rpm. I don't suspect I'm getting a
      good 25 either - what I may need is 35-40 horsepower where I can cruise at
      less than full throttle.

      Yes, our channel is the Kerr-Mclellan, which is the Verdigris River up here
      in Tulsa, OK, flowing to the Arkansas River down in Muskogee. We took our
      freedom down the river to the Mississippi and on down to new Orleans a
      couple of years ago. About 1000 miles.

      Gregg