Dakota project update

  • Vince Chew
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2000
      All,

      I just replaced several photos in my Dakota folder in the files with a
      few that show her current stage of construction. At present she is a
      big open skiff -- a "Clam Skiff" doubled. One page of the plans shows
      her finished off this way with a 95hp outboard. I plan to add the
      window cabin.

      I just got the last lamination of the sheer clamps on yesterday. This
      mild weather is bound to come to a screeching halt soon here in
      northern Michigan. As my shop has no heat, I don't know how much more
      I'll get done before spring. I just ordered 20 more sheets of 1/2 inch
      MDO plywood just in case it does stay warm a bit longer. If not, I may
      just follow Brad Raby down to the sunshine state.

      Vince Chew